Monday, August 3, 2009

Double Feature

And now for something completely different...

As a break from my usual auditory ramblings, here are two trailers for upcoming movies I'm quite excited about. The first is a documentary entitled "It Might Get Loud," featuring Jack White, Jimmy Page, and the Edge all in a room talking about guitar tones and the such. I think it's aimed at guitar geeks like myself, but it looks like it might offer some insight into all three musicians' undeniable creativity.



And this is a trailer for a new Cohen brothers movie called "A Serious Man." It is the best trailer I have ever seen in my life (no joke). It's an example of superb sound editing and using it for dramatic effect:



"It Might Get Loud" is slated for release this month, while "A Serious Man" will be released in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment